You are viewing the article How to make Shanghai banana cake, soft and delicious, fresh and delicious at Elsaspeak.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Although the Shanghai banana cake trend has been around for a long time, it has not shown any signs of cooling down, the cake with a soft sponge crust on the outside and a delicious greasy banana cream filling will please anyone with a sweet tooth. With a simple and not too time consuming method, let’s go to the kitchen with Elsaspeak.edu.vn and learn how to make Shanghai banana cake at home.
60 Minutes Processing
30 Minutes For
2 – 3 people
Shanghai banana cake ingredients
- 5 chicken eggs
- 100g powdered sugar
- 40g corn flour
- 15g banana powder
- 120ml unsweetened milk
- 40g coconut milk
- 30g cooking oil
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 5g table salt
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g fresh cream
- 5g cream of tartar
– You should use banana flour instead of fresh bananas to make cakes because you will not have to worry about the dough being “brown”, when the cake is finished baking, it will have a bright yellow color and a more characteristic aroma. When buying banana flour, you should choose the white one, do not use the gray one because it will make the cake dull.
– In baking, cream of tartar often helps egg whites to become stiffer when beaten, helping to prevent air bubbles from breaking. You can completely substitute this ingredient with lemon or vinegar if you don’t have cream of tartar at home.
– To choose fresh chicken eggs, you should choose the ones with the outer shell without black spots, cracks, and the eggshell when picked up will be slightly rough, rough because it is fresh eggs.
– Banana flour and molds you can buy at supermarkets, e-commerce sites or specialized bakeries nationwide.
How to make Shanghai Banana Cake
Step 1Mix egg powder
First, separate 1 egg yolk and add 15g of powdered sugar to the bowl and beat with a whisk until the yolk is light and turns pale yellow . Continue to add 10g cornstarch, 10g banana flour and continue to beat until the flour mixture is mixed.
Mix 80ml of unsweetened milk and coconut milk and warm the mixture. Then add the milk and coconut milk mixture to the eggs, stirring while pouring until the mixture is completely combined.
– Should warm the mixture of milk and coconut milk about 30 degrees, should not be too hot because it will make the eggs cooked and the filling mixture curdled.
Step 2Make banana ice cream
You proceed to filter the egg powder mixture through a sieve and put it in the pot, stir over low heat until the cream thickens, then turn off the heat.
Next, put the mixture in a bowl, cover with cling film and wait until the cream mixture cools down, then put it in the refrigerator.
– You need to stir the mixture continuously over low heat, if the cream is lumpy, then remove the pot, use a whisk to stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth again, then continue to put it on the stove.
– If the cream is thick but still has the smell of raw flour because you cooked it on high heat, then you should add a little unsweetened fresh milk and continue stirring over low heat.
Step 3Separate egg yolks
At this stage, separate 4 egg yolks into a bowl with 10g of sugar and beat with a whisk until the sugar dissolves and the eggs are slightly fluffy. Add cooking oil and 40ml fresh milk to the bowl and stir well.
You filter through a sieve 30g all-purpose flour, 30g cornstarch and 5g banana flour into the egg mixture and continue to use a whisk until the ingredients are dissolved.
Hot Tip: You should use eggshells to scoop out the yolks that are mixed with the whites, it’s better to use a spoon or other utensils, if the mixture is not significant.
Step 4Beat egg whites
For the bowl containing the egg whites, add a pinch of salt and then use a mixer on low speed until the whites appear air bubbles, then add ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar and continue beating.
When the air bubbles are thicker, add 70g of sugar, adjust the whisk at high speed until the froth is almost firm, the white is glossy and flexible, when lifting the stick, the tip is slightly bent down.
Step 5Mix the flour
Divide the whites into 3 equal parts. Add 1 part to the yolk mixture, use a spatula to gently mix until the 2 mixtures are combined.
Continue adding the remaining egg whites one at a time and using the folding technique to mix well. Note that the bottom of the bowl is close to the bottom to avoid the flour remaining on the bottom, when baking, it will make the cake sticky.
Good tip: The folding technique in dough mixing is a one-way mixing technique from the bottom to the top gently and firmly.
To prepare for baking, turn on the oven at a temperature of 155 – 165 degrees Celsius before 20 minutes for the oven to stabilize.
Next, you put the dough on a tray with parchment paper and spread it evenly, you should pat the tray on the table so that the cake is spread more evenly and the cake surface is smoother.
Next, put ½ of the banana cream filling into the ice cream bag, cut the top of the bag about 0.5cm and draw parallel diagonal lines on the cake . Finally, sprinkle the desiccated coconut evenly on the surface of the cake.
Put the cake into the oven at a temperature of 155 – 165 degrees C for 30 – 35 minutes until the cake is cooked, puffy, golden on both sides.
Step 7Shape the cake
After the cake is done baking, remove the cake from the tray, remove the parchment paper and wait for the cake to cool completely. Next, you use a knife to cut off the edges, cut the cake into a rectangle measuring 13×15 cm.
Use a brush to spread a thin layer of milk on the surface of the cake, cover the cake and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to help moisten the cake, limit breakage when rolling the cake.
You whip 50g of fresh cream and put it in the remaining banana cream filling, fold gently, and then put it in an ice cream bag. Next, you cover the cake with a layer of cream and leave the edges.
Finally, you roll the cake body diagonally and then put the cake into the mold. Note that there is no need to try to roll, but just roll relatively, because when you put the cake in the mold, only the surface of the cake can be seen. You cover the box and put it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to let the cream infuse into the cake, when eating it will be more delicious.
– You should roll the cake so that the cream is along the direction of the roll. Do not roll in the opposite direction because it will break the cream veins.
– You should keep the cake in the refrigerator to keep it longer (3-4 days).
Shanghai banana cake has a soft sponge layer, has the characteristic smell of banana flour, milk, and cornstarch. The layer of banana cream is greasy, fragrant with eggs. Cakes to make dessert snacks or also very suitable to become gifts to give to relatives and friends!
See more: 3 ways to make greasy steamed banana cake
Above is how to make Shanghai banana cake, it’s simple, isn’t it! Hope you successfully make the dish to treat your loved ones.
Buy fresh milk without sugar at Elsaspeak.edu.vn
Thank you for reading this post How to make Shanghai banana cake, soft and delicious, fresh and delicious at Elsaspeak.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.